Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Igudesman and Joo

Well, I'm back from a week-long trip I took to California and Colorado. 35'ish hours of driving doesn't sit that well with me, so I'm really happy to be back home.

A friend of mine (thanks Brady) recently exposed me to the musical comedy duet Igudesman and Joo. I enjoy their performances immensely, not only because they're hilarious, but because they also put their musical talents on display in almost every routine. They've been on tour with "A Little Nightmare Music"; here are a few preview numbers from the show:

~~~

Rachmaninov Had Big Hands

I Will Survive

...and, for any Mozart fans out there (I know there's at least one):

Mozart Bond

~~~~~~~

While they've only toured in Europe and Asia (as far as I am aware), apparently a tour in US is under at least some consideration, as they've actually recognized a group/petition on Facebook asking them to come to the US. Even though it's unlikely that I would be able to attend a concert, should they come, I still hope they eventually head over here, because combining classical music and comedy is not only refreshing for those who already love classical music, such as myself, but also carries the potential of drawing people in who wouldn't normally bother listening to anything classical.

In other news, it's August, and a week 'til my birthday. Last year I forgot it was my birthday until someone told me at school. Anyhow, take care 'til next,

~Neil

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

You came through Colorado? And... what did you think? How did it go? What part?
I want details.

I love Mozart. He is genius.

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, I hope that it is wonderful and all your birthday wishes come true; but don't get crazy with them, okay?

And, as an aside, my friends and I are having a Totoro night next week. I have you to thank for the tip. Thank you.

Have some birthday cake and ice cream!


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

3:20 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

And, Neil, there are some things I'd like to visit with you about, if you're of a mind to.

You may email me at
wanderlust.scarlett@gmail.com

4:25 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Oh, I just came through the southwestern area Colorado; I have family near Pagosa Springs. The scenery is beautiful. We actually hiked through part of a nearby national forest, which was really exciting.

Thanks- I had a mild, but fun birthday ^^ Also, have fun with Totoro night, and expect an e-mail from me.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home