Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Highlights and a Dilemma

It's been a while since I've recognized others' entries; it's quite selfish of me to refrain from pointing these out because the quality of their posts likely outweighs the quality of my own. Some of this has to do with the Dilemma, which I will address later in the post. Oh, and if you haven't visited Cheshire one post down, please do; he's quite the attention seeker.

Jess' book club for Monsters and Critics this month is James Emanuel's Whole Grain; Emanuel is a magnificent poet, and deserves the recognition. Jess also posted a great poem on a spider (along with other bits). Finally, I suppose I'll note this just so I can mention that I like Vanessa Carlton; she's pretty with a pretty voice.

Oscar has a blog!

Art posted a gorgeous entry about a week ago, Fragility, Ephemerality, and the Autumnal. Also, the Liquid Crystal Galleries are out; I watched one of the previews, and the music as well as the photographs are gorgeous. For those who don't have the means to visit nature, LCG does its best to bring the peace into the household.

Anthony takes a look a the new Jack Horner interview, with an excerpt and a few related cartoons at the end (dinosaur cartoons are always visually amusing).

Wanderlust has pictures of Angels and Seasons up on her blog; In particular, I found the Seasons to be very nice.

And now, the Dilemma: During the summer, I had time to write but less to write about. Now that I'm in school, ideas flurry, along with everything else; I'm usually too tired to bring anything into being. The most I've done lately is jotted down some concepts and lines that I can hopefully expand upon later on. Anyhow, take care, and take November in stride and fall~

~Neil

6 Comments:

Blogger thomasdulin said...

Is it so wrong that Vanessa Carlton was my favorite part?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Not at all, Thomas, not at all. I actually made up an entire guy's part to A Thousand Miles, if that says anything.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I know how that is w/ having ideas when you are too busy to work on them. Sometimes at work I will get an idea and will be itching to work on it, but can't, and later on I'll be too tired to write about it. So I have various ideas tacked up on the bulletin board in my brain, waiting...

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Just as long as you jot them down so later you can return to them.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Neil said...

I used to store them in a "mental bulletin board", like you mentioned, Anthony, but things starting falling off, so I've started jotting them down (as Jess mentioned).

1:57 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Two mentions? I am humbled. Thank you kindly.

I haven't had time to blog... school, you know.

Christmas break is coming though! and I can get it going again!
I am planning a surprise for the blog, every day in December. Glad you liked the angels and seasons.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home