Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cheshire!

As you may have noticed, I recently adopted a Lyon of The Shameless Lions Writing Circle. Today, I decided it was time to sit down and write the ever-wonderful Cheshire a poem of tribute (for he most certainly deserves tribute). And so, without further ado:

~~~

Cheshire

I tried to photograph him yesterday;
He ran- well, looked- well, faded away,
Only part (about half) way there.
The rest of him was, oh, somewhere
(For nowhere is such a gloomy place).
Then grinned a face from about the trees;
I leveled, focused, and said, "Say cheese!"

~~~~~~~

Okay, so the reference is painfully obvious and overplayed, and the pun at the end is pretty terrible, but it's all in good fun ~_^ I rather like it~ Oh, and I followed the "48 words or less" rule (at exactly 48, not including the title) for good measure, even though the contest is long gone. And now, in other ne- what's that, Cheshire? You want this post to yourself? Mm... alright, then. I suppose that's a reasonable request. Oh, you want to sign off too? Fine, but just this once; this is my blog, after all~ Take care, folks.

Curiously,
Cheshire

2 Comments:

Blogger Shameless said...

Oh, wonderful, Neil! I like the obvious link. Sometimes the obvious is the best! :-) I will put this up on your listing pronto!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

It's purrrrfect!!!!
I love it!

Very well done, I have a big grin on my face. Isn't it a bit of a challenge to get it to 48 words exactly?

Viaggiatore sends a deep and warm ROAR your way Cheshire! Welcome!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home