Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Where Has Neil Been?

Obviously, I'm not dead. I consider that to be a good thing; hopefully you all feel the same way. I also haven't been out of town; the sole reason for my extended absence is busyness. School started a few weeks ago, and, as of now, it's been a rough (albeit fun) ride.

This blog has become more personal over this past year and a month or so (in my first post, I actually noted that I was not going to mention personal happenings); because of this, I'm going to give you folks a basic idea of what's going on with me this year.

None of my required classes are particularly special this year, but a couple of my extracurricular courses are worth mention. Firstly, Academic Decathlon has been fun overall; the topic this year is the Civil War. Now, I'm not really into studying and memorizing facts, so I haven't done all that well in some of the categories, but the people in the classes (teachers and students) make it worthwhile. Also, our next meet will feature Speech, Interview, and Essay, so hopefully I can make up some ground there (my speech is [well, will be- I should probably be writing it right now] about Education; go figure).

My favorite class, by *far*, is Choir. This year, I'm in Madrigals and the newly conceived Show Choir; I quite enjoy both of them, and the people involved are all wonderful.

So, is there anything cultural, literary, or artistic in this post? No. I just thought I'd stop by and give everyone a head's up as to what's happening on my end. Next time you see me (which will hopefully be sooner than two weeks from now), I'll have something for you. Take care 'til then,

~Neil

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Welcome back Neil. Good to hear all is going well. Funny you mention the personal thing, as you get to know your who you readers are, it just sort of leaks out. Having said that, that is still a long way off from posting your SS # which would, of course, be a really bad idea.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Neil said...

Yeah, this blog slowly becoming more personal as I get to know my readers. 'Course, I'm still cautious enough; for instance, I've yet to post a picture of myself. I doubt it would be dangerous, I just prefer to refrain from doing so.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Keep away from doing that at least till you're a "legal adult".

6:22 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I've started school too... YIKES my blog has really taken a hit with that. I miss it, but it must wait for nights and weekends when there is no school or homework, and that's not been much.

I am excited that you'll be in show choir; how fun!

I'd be delighted to know what you wind up singing. I'm a 'musical movie' buff- love to hear things like that.
Hmm. Wonder if our local high schools are doing holiday shows this year, I'll have to look in to that.

The Shameless Lions Circle is writing a shared story; each member doing a piece of it at a time. I was nominated to be third and have just posted that addition. You might stop by to read it if you get a chance, I'd be glad for your opinion.

Best of luck in school.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

11:40 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Jess: Probably a good idea, since this is public space.

Wanderlust: Yeah, blogging takes a big hit from school activities. Show choir is quite fun; our choir (in general) has its first concert next Tuesday, so I'm pretty excited.

I'll swing by and look at the story sometime; maybe I'll get a lion someday, who knows. Best of wishes with school ^^

5:44 PM  
Blogger Shameless said...

Hi there Neil,
It's funny that Wanderlust mentioned the shameless lions .... because ... I see that you are on our waiting list for adopting a lion over at the circle (www.theshamelesslionswritingcircle.blogspot.com). The good news is that three lions have come up for adoption, giving you the chance to join this writing club. Are you still interested? What you'll need to do is check out the available lions ... 10, 17 and 40 ... in the list of circle members ... and decide which one you would like to adopt. Don't forget you will have to put this in your sidebar and proudly put up a link to show that you are in this writing group of 48 writers and lions. What say you? Get back to me as soon as you can. Cheers, Seamus (Shameless).

9:40 AM  
Blogger L.M.Noonan said...

Hi Neil, I'm a member of Shameless's pride (failed painter) and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. I shall be updating my sidebar listing of the lions now to include you. I see from your post that you have a sense of humour. excellent...you shall need it.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

A very nice looking lion you have there. The color looks nice in your sidebar.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Just found out the good news that you are now one of the members of the Lions Circle!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very excited for you, and so pleased that you are able to join.

Looking forward to working with you.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home