Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Monday, August 27, 2007

Bringing MySpace To You

Doesn't sound like a very involving title, does it? Well, it's not. Starting school is always a hectic affair at the high school level (I've started my Junior year), so I've neither the time nor the will to put together something with thrust behind it. So...

MySpace. It's popular, and for good reason; it provides a great opportunity to share media and ideas, as well as keep in basic touch with friends. Sure, most bulletins have little meaning behind them, and alot of comments are frivolous, but hey~ I fill out a survey here and there for kicks; here's an example (Yes, I don't have anything better to post- do give it a chance, though, I think it's funny. Then again, I'm the one who wrote it.):

~~~

10 Things You May Not Know About Me (And Many More- Tune it at 13 o'clock for details!)

1: I am part Filipino.
2: I'm also part carbon.
3: I listen to lots of Broadway, Jazz, and Classical.
4: I have an inclination towards cute things.
5: My two favorite ice cream/sherbet flavors are Mocha Almond Fudge and Daiquiri Ice.
6: I don't just write Poetry; I write Wills. And Lisas. And Morgans.
7: There is no seven.
8: Miami Ink is one of my favorite shows.
9: I really like ballroom dancing (and dancing in general).
10: Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book. Oh, and I do actually enjoy books like The Red Badge of Courage and The Great Gatsby.

9 WAYS TO WIN MY HEART
1. Frankly, I think you should coax it out of me. It would be far more entertaining.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.


7 THINGS I CARRY/WEAR EVERYDAY
1. Wit.
2. Whim.
3. Wist.
4. Will.
5. Lis... I mean, Wile.
6. Weasels.
7. There is no seven.


7 THINGS THAT ANNOY ME
1. Annoying things.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.

6 STATES I'VE VISITED
1. Texas.
2. Melancholy.
3. Liquidity.
4. Oregon.
5. Origami.
6. Cran(kin)es(s). But not since I was seven.
7. There is no seven. It's true this time, because the subtitle actually says, "6 STATES I'VE VISITED". Clever.
8.
9.
10.

5 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1. Live.
2. 3
3. 6
4. 10
5. 15

4 THINGS I'M AFRAID OF
1. Heights.
2. Death.
3. Sevens.
4. Oregon.

3 THINGS I DO EVERYDAY
1. Drink.
2. Think.
3. Not rhyme.

2 THINGS I'M TRYING NOT TO DO NOW
1. Finish this survey.
2. Not finish this survey.

1 PERSON I WANT TO SEE NOW
1. Somebody that has to do with moons and hares.

Hi, my name is: Dante.

When I'm nervous I: Nerve, er, vous, er, nervously vous nervily ous erv...

The last song I listened to: When Sunny Gets Blue (beautiful song)

If I were to get married right now my best man/woman would be: My twin brother, Sinbad.

By this time next year: The world will have revolved around the sun. I hope.

I have a hard time understanding: You. And nonpolygons (that's right, Eric!).

If I won an award, the first person I would tell: Me.

Take my advice: Be curious. Stay curious. Spell curius correctly.

Most recent thing I've bought myself: Sanity.

Most recent thing someone else bought me: Dignity.

My favorite hair style is: Pretty darn cool, I'd say.

My middle name is: Between my first and my last names.

In the morning I: Sing a morning song, then an evening song in case I'm too tired to sing it later that day.

Last night I was: Fencing with the Duke of Japan. Or the President of Iran. They're so similar!

If I was an animal I'd be a: Parrot or a rabbit. Actually, a rabbit. A talking rabbit. A talking, flying rabbit. A talking, flying, colorful rabbit. A parrot with large ears. A... a rabbit. Definitely the rabbit. The last one. With the feathers. And the talking and flying and falking and tlying. That one.

A better name for me would be: Neil. Unfortunately, my name is Dante.

Tomorrow I am: /will be one day older.

Tonight I am: Who I am.

My favorite color(s) is: Firstly, it should be "is/are", seeing as to how "My favorite colors is" is incorrect. Lastly, blue and black is my favorite color.

My heart is: a blood-circulating device approximately the size of my rather fitful fist.

Well, that was enlightening. I think I'll go eat some ice cream. Too bad it's not going to be Mocha Almond Fudge.

~~~~~~~

They're actually quite fun from time to time; Jeff should post one of his own as he also comes up with rather witty responses. Now, I'm off to sign about 50 papers to turn into school next day that confirm such momentous things as the fact that I am not going to be receiving discounted lunches. All right!

Take Care,
~Neil

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

That was fun. A clever way to answer them.

I hope your school year starts off well.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Neil said...

Hey, you did one too ^^ Your #s 7 and 8 were funny, and I certainly didn't know that you lived on a boat for awhile... definitely not something everyone experiences.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Not by choice- that's what I'm writing about in this book I'm working on. For 6 months when I was 3-4 with my dad after my mom and dad divorced.

Hint: legally he wasn't supposed to be taking me out of the country. But he did anyway.

To this day I dislike boats.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

That was absolutely, hands down, the best list/meme I've ever seen.

I loved every single part of it, enormously.

So... I take it then that you can be coaxed to divulge ways to win your heart with one or both of the two flavors of ice cream that you mentioned, tickets to a broadway show and a symphony, and a leather bound- gold leafed copy of Alice in Wonderland?

I'm partial to chocolate, myself. I have been coaxed with that before.

Great list.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

12:34 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

Wanderlust: You could get pretty close to coaxation [/madeupword] with that combination of indulgences ^^

(Actually, coaxation means "the act of croaking", apparently. Oh well~)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home