Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Friday, July 13, 2007

parodization piece 2

before you ask any questions
let's jump straight to the poem in question and its parodic counterpart

~~~

a violent prson

is marreed 2 a changling

th changling can adapt
can sumtimez radikalee b
on her his gud side evreethings
going swimminglee sumtimez
get shit whn he she runs out
uv prsonas masks goez 2
th closet n thers nothing

hanging ther can b myself he
she thinks thn thats th feer
that th punishment will cum
fr sure if he she cant leev her
him self fast enuff breeth b
call her him n start packing

him her self is alredee enuff
is alredee fine is alredee all ther
can go now can b now she he is
sew flexibul now who 2 trust or
2 find discovr

a mountin sliding in2 th sand
sumwun who wud stay yu cud
with hold n they cud find yu they
wudint leev n yu wud bcum all
ther with them not that

thers anee all ther

th changling writes lettrs 2 her him
selvs in th ambr waves n touchinglee
with love keeps th nite

by bill bissett

~~~~~~~

maybe it's just me
but i find the whole lowercase punctuationless approach to be
rather pointless
so i wrote this

~~~

a fluffy bnny
              "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." ~Will Rogers

is marreed 2 a nibbling

th nibbling can erupt
can sumtimez comikalee b
on its its left side evreethings
chewing beautifulee sumtimez
get bit whn it it jumps out
uv rbbitheds ears goez 2
th tmples n thers pressure

th nibbling bites carrts 2 it yu
selvs in th ornge waves n crunchinglee
with food keeps th life

~~~~~~~

Whew, I think I'll jump back into a stronger coherency. Anyhow, I'd just like to say that I have no real problem with bill bissett; he's not *that* bad a poet. However, I find his "unique" style to be awfully gimmicky. More than anything, it's difficult to read; such difficulty creates a faux depth that contains little to no meaning. By the way, here's the first parodization I posted.

On a side note, Pope Benedict released a document that deems Catholicism "the only true church". What the heck? Supposedly the document is for "theological precision"; I don't buy that. Benedict is being ridiculous and anti-ecumenical. Crazy deal, isn't it?

Take Care,
~LAEvanesce

7 Comments:

Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

It WAS very difficult to read, it hurt my brain! OUCH! And I agree, for me there is total lack of depth.
This poetry is for others, methinks.


Religion and art hmm? Will there also be politics in your future?

It does not surprise me that the Pope released that. Not at all. But let me ask you this... if you devoted your life, your soul, your eternity to a belief... would that belief not be your one true church? Would not the governing body of any organization believe themselves to be just and right, and the best? The truest?

Would you devote yourself to anything that did not have such faith in itself? ...'come be part of us, because we might be right?' it doesn't fill the heart with assurance.

People need something to believe in, whether it be many gods, one god or nothing at all... they have a visceral need to believe that what they know is true. It's why people search for truth. When we are lucky, we find our own truths somewhere, sometime in our lives.

I am not Catholic. I have rather open minded views of religion, but I have my own religion for myself.. and for me, personally, it is my one true church. For others... it may not be so.

Take a look at it from another perspective... and see what you find.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Oh dear, and where is that teacher now, Ms. 'A Lot' to correct all that poor spelling? This would give her a blood clot for sure.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

I agree that his style is gimmicky and that the whole thing gets pretty tiresome after a couple of poems. The fact is that a good poet does not need to resort to that in order to make their writing distinctive; it will happen in other ways.

10:26 AM  
Blogger LAEvanesce said...

Sorry I didn't reply sooner:

~~~~~

Wanderlust- The main problem I have is that most of the document is a collection of quotes and reiterations of things already addressed in Vatican II and other meetings; Benedict could have stated his case (in addressing the technicalities of the term "church") without the "I'ma put down all the other denominations while I'm at it" vibe.

That said, I also have this concept called Basic Belief; that is, beyond the base principles of a religion or belief, smaller differences are trivial. Therefore, despite my own ideas about smaller things, anyone who's Christian is someone I consider correct and therefore part of the "church", as Benedict would put it.

By the way, I'm Catholic raised, but I have my own ideas about several things. And yes, bissett is a pain to sift through ^^

~~~~~

Jess: Nope, this is radical to the point where she'd stick an -ism on it, deem it okay, and move on. Maybe I should start a movement called Alotism...

~~~~~

Anthony: Absolutely. Idiosyncrasy is a good thing, but only if it does not detract from the experience. If it does, then it's wholly pointless.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Alotism. You should start it. Are you vacationing now?

12:54 PM  
Blogger LAEvanesce said...

Nope, I'm out tomorrow evening; I'll post later today or earlier tomorrow before I go.

3:18 PM  
Blogger AnoNick said...

Haha... that seemed rather silly, and rather gimmicky, yes. Good choise for parodisation.

And, yes, Pope Benedict did a rather weird thing, but being an agnostic leaning towards atheism, I am not that surprised.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home