Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Friday, June 08, 2007

June~

Okay, so my blog performance may be slipping. Y'know, though, that's the great thing about blogging; I can write when and what I want, and the most anyone can do is stop reading my blog or offer nonconsequential complaints. Anyhow, on to June...

~~~
  • June is named after the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter and equivalent to the Greek goddess Hera.
  • Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden on the third Friday in June.
  • Philippine Independence Day is on June 12.
  • June is National Rose Month in the United States; the majority of the Portland Rose Festival also occurs in June.
  • No other month begins on the same day of the week as June.
  • June's birthstone is the pearl, Alexandrite, or moonstone.
  • June 31st is Weasel Stomping Day according to "Weird Al" Yankovic. The day, however, does not really exist.
~~~~~~~

Couplet? Of course:

~~~

June Snug

With April and May, June’s a woman snug,
But June’s the only one that’s a lady bug.

~~~~~~~

Only two more months before the circle is complete! The quality of Month Couplets does vary, though, so I might do reworks of some months (like March). As for other writing, I've worked on some sonnetry, painting poems, and Hester Songs of Innocence. Y'know maybe I should find a new name for that series; Lyrics of Puerility? Songs of Juvenescence? Salad Days Ballads?...

Take Care,
~LAEvanesce

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

Songs of Juvenescence

I like that.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, your blog performance may be slipping even if I don't hang on every word (more like linger) but I feel like leaving you a lovely nonconsequential comment.

keep it up!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home