Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Poem, Links... Plink(s)?

Okay, this is somewhat of a lazy entry; I have a couple more important topics in mind, but meh. Basketball's a glutton for time. So... first, links to several interesting, enlightening, or smiling articles written in the past few weeks: Shelley, Chriscats, and Poetitles from Jessica Schneider, and Sargent (to my Singer), Critique, and Enjambment from Art Durkee. And yes, I am leaning on other people to provide interest for me this time. "Bite me." And yes, I did just quote someone. Anyhow, the whole blog-to-blog thing helps everyone in the end, so hey~ I suppose this post would hold greater value (what value?) if I posted something of my own, so here ya go:

~~~

Advice to the Stout

To those of a fearsome, Goliath descent
That retain a Davidian mind:
Do not ever venture to represent
A hunk of the dim-witted kind,

For power is broader than muscles alone;
Be large in your culture and wit.
With both is strength; it’s not unknown
Athena made Hercules knit.

By Neil Hester

~~~~~~~

It's not exactly Ozymandias, but good for a smile. Take care 'til next,

~LAEvanesce

5 Comments:

Blogger SempreArioso said...

That's a clever poem you have there; definitely made me smile. ^ ^

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

I can guess who you're quoting from. Oh dear, am I a bad influence? Heh.

Good Poem.

10:14 AM  
Blogger jdogmoney said...

I love poems that actually rhyme well.

Or, with no ease at all:

Sir, your work always brings joy to mind.

A solitary thought, such as this, took much thinking to accomplish. I trust you'll find not as much difficulty on your own try.

With all humility,
jdog


Postscript: Ease as a double entendre.

7:19 PM  
Blogger LAEvanesce said...

Very funny Jeff. I'll try the zero-"e" poem eventually, don't worry~

Also, glad you all liked the poem: and Jess, I'm not sure what kind of influence you are, but I appreciate it. You should have kids.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica Schneider said...

I do have kids. Their names are Shadow, Oscar and Kiwi.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home