Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Saturday, December 23, 2006

'Tis the Night Before Christmas... Eve

'Tis, indeed. I now have a couple weeks off from school, so there'll be time to rest, write, and take it easy in general (which is time needed). Now, for a few things: firstly, as a nod to the work on which the title of this blog entry is based upon [/waveofprepositionalphrases], here's an audio collection for 'A Visit From St. Nicholas'. I'd say the Sam Lipten recording is the best (though not amazing), and, if you want to hear a little girl read parts of it, go for Grace and Brad Bush. Also, Jessica Schneider posed a Christmas sonnet and a positive review of It's a Wonderful Life on her blog. If you'd like to read more about Christmas (Eve), well... there you go. For carolers, here's a Christmas sing-along site and... ha! another sing-along site (Christmas-style).

Hmm... a few of my Christmas favorites, you say? For movies, I enjoy Miracle on 34th Street and Annie (I really need to watch It's a Wonderful Life). As for songs, my favorites are 'The Christmas Song (Chestnuts)', 'Sleighride', 'White Christmas', and 'Carol of the Bells' (among others). 'Jingle Bells' and 'Do You Hear What I Hear?' are two that really annoy me. No Christmas books in particular that come to mind at the moment, though I'm sure there's something...

Well, that's all for this entry; unfortunately, I have not written a Christmas poem and opt not to feature someone else's this time around. Hopefully something in that slew of links appeals to you; that said, take care and Merry Christmas!

~LAEvanesce

2 Comments:

Blogger jdogmoney said...

Eric said:

No comment at this time.


I said:

I liked it.

With all due respect,
jdogmoney

Postscript: Eric then said:

Who?

11:42 PM  
Blogger SempreArioso said...

^ ^ Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Use this time to relax a bit; I know you need it.
~SA

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home