Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Looking Back- First

Every poet writes their first poem. As far as I am aware, my first poem was written when I was eight years old, in the 2nd grade (for the 1999 Arts Festival Young Author Competition). I won, which made me happy, I'm sure. I suppose you could technically consider it my first published poem as well, since it was included in the city's magazine. Sure, artistically it doesn't mean anything (just like any eight-year-old's writing), but I certainly enjoy reading it in retrospect:

~~~

Time

There are many ways to tell time.
You can tell time with a clock, dirt, stick or a rock.

There are many ways to time someone.
Roll a marble down a rail,
                            shoot an arrow down a trail.

You can tell time by the sun,
Under the sun you can have fun.

There are many different kinds of clocks.
Clocks can look like a beach with
                            lots and lots of rocks.

There are many ways to tell time.
You can even make time rhyme.

~~~~~~~

Hey, it's pretty good for an eight-year-old ^^ (that is, I assume; really, I haven't read any other eight-year-old's poetry lately) Still, I'd say we've come quite a ways since then; take care 'til next time,

~LAEvanesce

4 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Griffin said...

Hey LA,

I mentioned you on my blog today, though it is a bit bittersweet. Check it out!

3:00 PM  
Blogger jdogmoney said...

You know, I could read your blog tilde cows come home.



With all due respect,
jdogmoney

6:05 PM  
Blogger AnoNick said...

I liked it... Nice one for an eight year old... :D

HEhe, my poetry is still eight-year level! ;-)

3:43 AM  
Blogger SempreArioso said...

You have a lot of talent with poetry. That poem is better than the verse I right now. ^ ^

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home