Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pop Poem

I got a little burst of inspiration in Human Geography today due to a scheduled test that had somewhat of a "pop" quality because about 2/3 of the class totally forgot about it, including me. Fortunately, we ended up having some cram time, which pulled me a good grade. Anyhow, here ya go:

~~~

Pop Quiz

Our pleasant chatter falls away;
Rattles run from anxious pens
And fingertips. Eyeballs writhe
Like witches at high stakes. Red and black
Roulette: my ballpoint pen lands black,
Bound for red. We’re the smartest group
Of gambling minors that I know.

By Neil Hester

~~~~~~~

It seems to me that noone is ever not unpreprepared for pop quizzes [/triplenegative], which contributes to the bizarre liking I have for such surprises. Unfortunately, they can occasionally be detrimental to one's grade (normally not mine, though). Pop... quick! What is the mermaid's fate in the fairy tale The Little Mermaid, by Hans Christian Andersen? The answer... next time.

I do believe that's all I have for this rather brief entry; take care 'til next time,

~LAEvanesce

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NH, you inspire me.
-Brandon C.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home