Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

September~

Well now... it's September. Here's a few little facts about September pulled from a convenient source called Wikipedia:

"~~~~~~~

~September begins on the same day of the week as December every year.
~September's birthstone is the sapphire.
~In Latin, septem means "seven".
~The origin of the name may also be attributed to Vedic culture. In sanskrit, Sapta refers to "seven" and Ambar means "sky". "Sapt-Ambar" referred to the seventh sky or month in the Vedic culture. September was also the seventh month of the Roman calendar until 153 BC.
~The autumnal equinox occurs between the 21st and 24th of September.
~Counterintuitively, the German Oktoberfest and the Chinese August Moon festival (more correctly called the Mid-Autumn Festival) both occur in September.

~~~~~~~"

I'm sure I could go into something more political, but I don't feel like it. If you want to read more about September, go for it. Even though I've already featured half of that article, I don't feel like looking up anything else. Sorry. But hey, here's a short, three-minute humor poem for the heck of it:

~~~~~~~

Ec Septembers

The embers accept chilled and wintry Septembers,
But tend to decease at the fall of Decembers.

~~~~~~~

Woo! I'ma be gone 'til Labor Day; take care 'til then~

~LAEvanesce

3 Comments:

Blogger Rock said...

Wish I had time to comment again on your wonderful site, but I'm really busy this weekend. Thanks for the link. I have to apologize, I put your link on my site, but I just noticed I mislabeled it. I've corrected this, and now it shows as LAEvanesce as it should be, still under Up and Coming Boggers of Note. Keep up the great work, and I love reading your posts. Feel free to comment on my site, even if you disagree with me or the whole world! Take it easy.

11:50 AM  
Blogger MerapuMan said...

I never thought of September other than the ninth month of the year :)

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonick said...

Nice info... :-). September seems nice. ;-)

Good poem too.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home