Neil Hester

All poems © Neil Hester unless otherwritten

Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Aesthetic Line- It's a Riot

Today, I'd like to pull into publicity this work: If You're Anxious for to Shine in the High Aesthetic Line. Also, here's a nice little article about the recitation/song/poem.

When I originally found this I didn't realize its origin and thought it was just a poem, but, after doing some digging (say, Googling and clicking the first link ~_^), apparently it's not. The former link I gave is the lyrics/poem, with the accompaniment. The latter is just a little write-up on this clever song. The reason for the link is because their formatting is better than what I could manage with my limited HTML skills.

Anyhow, this is an awfully fun piece; I encourage you to recite some of it out loud (and do it with some gusto!), especially since it was written for the stage. Until next time,

~LAEvanesce

1 Comments:

Blogger AnoNick said...

I liked that poem very much... very funny and sarcastic.

Sometimes poets and artists do get all proud about their supposed "evelated" status... staying in touch with reality doesn't hurt. ;-)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home